[IPython-User] ipython notebook in EPD?

Thu Jan 24 12:15:04 CST 2013

Le 24 janv. 2013 à 19:02, Chao YUE a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> I recently bought a macbook and I have some problem installing the packages I use in daily life (for example, numpy).
> So I am thinking EPD. But I really like the ipython notebook.
>
> Now in my fedora system I installed everything using pip or build from source (I am lucky that I don't have too much trouble on this).
> so Does anyone know that I can use ipython notebook if I install the EPD? if anyone is doing this, please leave a message. thanks!

At least at last SciPy Texas 12", Enthought where kind enough to update EPD free to include notebook. (0.13 IIRC)
And if I'm not mistaken, IPython is one of the program you can update with their  package manager, even if you
are on free version.

Still for dev version you will need to use it from source, unless you have someone that does a daily build for fedora.

--
Matthias