[IPython-User] matplotlib demo - unreadable json

kesten solarmobiletrailers@gmail....
Thu Jan 24 12:07:43 CST 2013

"highly discourage using v2 notebooks"

Thanks for the quick reply.

It turns out I had reported the problem incorrectly.
I assumed that the enthought was an update, but it seems IT is the one with
the older notebook version.
So when i tried to open my newer v3 notebooks i got the Unreadable JSON
error.

My fix was to uninstall the EPD according to
http://www.enthought.com/products/epdgetstart.php?platform=mac

 $ cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
# mine was version 7.3
$ sudo rm -rf 7.2
 $ cd /Applications
 $ sudo rm -rf Enthought

However, i then got an error just running python at the prompt until i
commented out the lines in my bash profile that EPD had inserted:

on mac ~/.bash_profile (probably ~/.bashrc on linux)
# Setting PATH for EPD_free-7.3-2
# The orginal version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
#PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:${PATH}"

I had installed Enthought because i wanted to use the Traits package.  If i
reinstall, i will use virtualenv or install by component.

thanks again,

kesten