[IPython-User] slow startup time possibly because of sqlite

Mon Jan 28 13:33:58 CST 2013

Le 28 janv. 2013 à 20:06, Steven Willis a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have an install of Python-2.7.3 which I compiled from scratch. I used pip to install ipython 0.13.1. But ipython is very slow to start. I strace'd it like this:
>
> $ strace -o ipython-strace -ff -ttt ipython

If I remember correctly
$ ipython --HistoryManager.hist_file=':memory:'
should run an IPython session with history in RAM.
Does it speed up things?

IIRC we had some issues with history on NFS, but maybe it was only on windows.
--
Matthias