[IPython-User] rmagic problem (question posted to stackoverflow)

Nitin Borwankar nborwankar@gmail....
Mon Jan 28 20:43:10 CST 2013

Hello all,

In light of teh recent suggestion I've posted my question to StackOverflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14574434/unicode-error-with-ipython-rmagic-r-seems-to-work-but-not-r-fully

short version: getting unicode error when trying to do an Rpush from a
line;  cell magic seems to work better but not completely.
----

TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, dict found

full stack trace at http://pastebin.com/Pb56Tmgc

a) Why is this successful inside a cell but not work in a line? b) Any
suggestions?

(Env: Python 2.7 (Anaconda 2.7.3 CE) R 2.15 rpy2 2.3 MacOSX 10.7.5 on a
2010 MBP 15"
IPython 0.13.1

Thanks much

Nitin Borwankar,

P.S.  On a separate note I've integrated the Postgres commandline into
IPython Notebook via the magic mechanism.  This is still *very very*
experimental but soon to be posted to github.  I was trying to get data
from the db push it to R and run statistics on it.