[IPython-User] ipython notebook forks a subprocess?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sat Jun 1 11:52:32 CDT 2013

I don't know if there's a better way to fix the problem, but yes, it is
forking a process. The notebook server starts a kernel in a separate
process for each notebook you open.

Do we know how zc.buildout modifies sys.path when you start IPython in a
console? virtualenvs rewrite the hashbang line to point to a local Python
interpreter which sets the correct path, and we start the subprocesses
using that too.

Thomas