[IPython-User] Connecting to existing terminal console from qtconsole

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Thu Jun 6 14:06:15 CDT 2013

If you want to embed a kernel rather than an in-process terminal session,
instead of

IPython.embed()

you should do

IPython.embed_kernel()

which you can then connect to with

$> ipython console --existing

I do not believe this has changed between 0.13 and 1.0.