[IPython-User] reference tracking in ipython notebook?

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Tue Jun 18 12:30:44 CDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the way I am handling references:
>
> * If I am worried about references, that means I am dealing with LaTeX.
> * In that case, I use Raw Text cells for all of my text.
> * In those Raw Text cells I put raw LaTeX code, including references.
> * I output LaTeX my walking through the notebook JSON structure.
>
> Markdown does't really have a general notion of references, so I don't
> think it will be very useful for these types of things, unless you
> only have references that are links.
>
> What other ideas do you have?

Blowing the dust off this thread. I was recently looking into some
solutions for easily including references in my notebooks. I started
looking at Python bibtex parsers and wondering what I could hack
together, but I came up with a 15 second solution. Anyone doing
anything better/similar these days?

I installed bibtex2html [1]. I have a code cell with

!bibtex2html mybib.bib

Then another code cell with

loadpy mybib.html

I go into the next cell and convert it to markdown. Voila. An
(admittedly, hackish) HTML reference section.

Skipper

[1] https://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/bibtex2html/