[IPython-User] profiles and extensions directories

Ian Stokes-Rees ijstokes@spmetric....
Wed Jun 19 05:29:52 CDT 2013

On 6/18/13 10:59 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> Extensions are stored in the same place for all profiles, but each
> profile has a separate config that says which extensions to load. At
> present, there's no per-profile extension directory.
>
> My gut feeling is that having per-profile extension directories is
> unnecessary extra complexity, but if there was a compelling use case
> that requires it, I'm open to changing my mind.

Thanks, that totally makes sense.  Only scenario where I could see
per-profile extensions would be if I had different versions I wanted to
use under different circumstances.  That would probably be uncommon.

Ian