[IPython-User] vector images in ipython notebook.

Paul Ivanov pi@berkeley....
Wed Jun 26 09:09:34 CDT 2013

Matthias BUSSONNIER, on 2013-06-26 14:42,  wrote:

> Le 26 juin 2013 à 13:56, Petro Khoroshyy a écrit :
>
> > Hi list,
> > Is it possible to change format of inline matplotlib images from png to eps?
>
> no but you can switch from png to svg.
> %config InlineBackend.figure_format = 'svg'
>
> you can still savefig() as eps.

Matthias is right, but the only reason for this is that we're not
aware of any browser being able to render EPS. There's no reason
why we wouldn't support another file format, provided that there
are webbrowsers that know how to view it.

best,
--
                   _
                  / \