[IPython-User] Templating documents in the notebook

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Thu Jun 27 11:57:50 CDT 2013

Adam,

For things like this, I would also look at the excellent dexy project:

http://www.dexy.it/

We are working with Ana Nelson the dexy developer to integrate with
IPython.  The advantage of dexy over nbconvert for this purpose is
that dexy will allow you to write a notebook and then extract only the
content you want into a templated latex document.  I am going to
hopefully be writing a physics paper later this summer using this
approach and will post to ipython-dev when we have all of this
working.

Cheers,

Brian

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Adam Hughes <hughesadam87@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was very impressed to see the push towards publications written directly
> in the notebook, including a full book and research papers.  I'm curious
> about templating.  If I were to publish a paper in IEEE, I would first
> download their latex template and write to it.  Are there plans to have
> analogous templates for ipython notebooks?  If so, are they yet in
> development?  It would be fascinating to see journal-specific notebook
> configuration.  It would be even cooler if one could export from a notebook
> template directly into .tex file.  EG, I write a notebook in the IEEE
> format, and nbcovert into the IEEE-formatted latex document.
>
> Is anything like this possible?

Brian E. Granger