[IPython-User] numerical inaccuracy on osx (notebook)

epi massimodisasha@gmail....
Thu Jun 27 14:55:24 CDT 2013

I found the reason why all this was appending … nothing related to IPython

it is np.genfromtext() …
when reads data from an url, it store a local copy of v the data on the filesystem, in my case i it was saving the data in :

working_directory/www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/data/indices/sstoi.indices

of course if  the data are changing in the time (my case) and i already run once the code that load  the data
np.genfromtext was using the local cached data.

i don't know if this is a feature or a bug .. in the docs

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.genfromtxt.html

i didn't find an option to deactivate this or "overwrite" the cached data.

thanks,

Massimo.