[IPython-User] How to create ipyton_notebook_config.py if I have a default profile

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Sun Mar 3 15:14:18 CST 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER <
bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 3 mars 2013 à 21:57, Emilia Petrisor a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to edit ipyton_notebook_config.py
> > following:
> https://github.com/Carreau/ipython-static-profiles/blob/master/README.md
> > I'm using  Python 2.7.3 Enthought Academic  Distribution under Windows 7
> > and  ipython notebook 0.13
> > I found out the path toward my  Ipython profile
> .../.ipython/profile_default
> > but the ipyton_notebook_config.py is not there. I deduced that the
> default configuration
> > is used.
>
> You should issue a
> $ ipython profile create [profilename]
>
> It will create the default files.

Out of curiosity, why isn't there a default ipython_notebook_config created
in the profile_default folder? IIRC, there's a default for the interpreter
and the qtconsole. I find myself creating a new profile, then copying this
file over. Maybe I misunderstand though.

Skipper