[IPython-User] mathjax

Tue Mar 5 14:53:32 CST 2013

Le 5 mars 2013 à 21:45, Francesco Montesano a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> sorry for coming back so late to the topic (the problem hit me again today)
>
> In my ipython_notebook_config.py I've uncommented and added the path
>
> c.NotebookApp.mathjax_url = '/usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js'

Here you need to put the Mathjax **URL** that the notebook should fetch.
It's will either be a full url or relative.

> But the notebook tells me "Failed to retrieve MathJax from /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js"
>
> Then I've searched for "c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths" but I couldn't find it in the config file, so I've added the following line after mathjax_url
> c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths = '/usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js'.

Static Path should be a list of **folder**.
be carefull to keep the default folder if you add others.

So IMHO, you should

> c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths = ['/usr/share/', default_folder]

meaning that anything under
> /usr/share/<something>

will be accessible as /static/<something> URL

so I would put:

--
Matthias