[IPython-User] mathjax

Francesco Montesano franz.bergesund@gmail....
Tue Mar 5 15:25:39 CST 2013

Hi Matthias

2013/3/5 Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>

> Le 5 mars 2013 à 21:45, Francesco Montesano a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry for coming back so late to the topic (the problem hit me again
> today)
> >
> > In my ipython_notebook_config.py I've uncommented and added the path
> >
> > c.NotebookApp.mathjax_url = '/usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js'
>
> Here you need to put the Mathjax **URL** that the notebook should fetch.
> It's will either be a full url or relative.
>
> > But the notebook tells me "Failed to retrieve MathJax from
> /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js"
> >
> > Then I've searched for "c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths" but I couldn't
> find it in the config file, so I've added the following line after
> mathjax_url
> > c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths =
> '/usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js'.
>
> Static Path should be a list of **folder**.
> be carefull to keep the default folder if you add others.
>
> So IMHO, you should
>
> > c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths = ['/usr/share/', default_folder]
>
> meaning that anything under
> > /usr/share/<something>
>
> will be accessible as /static/<something> URL
>
> so I would put:
>
> > c.NotebookApp.mathjax_url = '/static/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js'

Thank you for the answer. I have modified my python_notebook_config.py as
you suggest

15 c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths = ['/usr/share/', default_folder]
16 c.NotebookApp.mathjax_url = '/static/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js'

but it says that it fails to retrieve mathjax from
http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js

Francesco