[IPython-User] IPyTables - simple table construction for IPython

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Mar 6 08:10:56 CST 2013

On 6 March 2013 13:41, Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>wrote:

> Anyway, project like that make me think that display/lib should be a
> separate project where stuff like that could live to be used by external
> library like pandas… etc

I'd be inclined to develop things like this separately at first, and then
integrate them into IPython.lib.display once they've stabilised.

We might also distinguish between low-level display functionality that
other codebases can call on, and high-level APIs that are designed to be
used directly within a notebook. Both IPyTables and ipy_table are designed
for the latter case.

> Waiting for the _repr_latex_

I've deliberately structured the code so that it doesn't assume HTML, so
it's (hopefully) easy to add a _repr_latex_. But I don't use Latex myself,
so someone who does will need to write that.

Thanks,
Thomas