[IPython-User] UTF8 output in notebook, difference between python 2.6 and 2.7

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Mar 6 16:46:09 CST 2013

On 6 March 2013 18:59, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:

> The utf8 output is garbled on the Python2.6 notebook, I've tried to
> match other differences (both working off current master).

I don't know about this issue, but it does remind me: we should consider
how long we want to keep supporting 2.6. Python 2.7 came out in the summer
of 2010, and I don't know of any major reasons to avoid it in favour of
2.6. The most conservative Linux distros still have 2.6, but both Debian &
RHEL have releases due this year that will include 2.7; maybe we should
take that as a cue.

Thomas