[IPython-User] color schemes in qt console

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Sat Mar 9 13:32:30 CST 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:

> I changed default color scheme to one of available schemes in pygments
> package by changing ipython_qtconsole_config.py file.
>
> Works fine, but some code is still rendered by some default color scheme,
> like exceptions output or code passed through pycolorize() function and
> maybe else.
> So I was wondering how to apply color scheme that will be accepted
> globally in qtconsole?

tracebacks, etc. are colored on the Kernel, the qtconsole color scheme has
no effect on them.
There are exactly two color schemes on the kernel: lightbg and linux (and
nocolor, I guess).

It's been a *long*-standing issue that tracebacks, etc. should not be
published as ANSI-colored text,
but rather as tokenized objects that frontends color appropriately.  But it
hasn't ever actually been addressed.

> I have another question too ;)
> If I press TAB (to autocomplete), then when I press again TAB to select
> some of available suggestion I get white text on white background, and I
> guess that's because I changed color scheme. So, if anyone knows this, what
> placeholder is responsible for coloring selected autocomplete suggestion?

This I don't know off the top of my head, but if you look at the
autocomplete code, you should be able to deduce the relevant css selectors.