[IPython-User] Self-contained Mac app distribution for IPython Notebook

Felix Patzelt felix@neuro.uni-bremen...
Tue Mar 12 11:27:11 CDT 2013

Looks great. I Just tried it briefly, but it seems to be exactly what is needed for novice users or everybody who doesn't want to mess with macports. That being said, I think the most problematic omission in the current state of the app is some easy way to let people install additional packages. Another thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem a way to use multiple windows or tabs. For me, this is a serious drawback in comparison to using a regular browser. It would be very cool if you could manage to move ipythons menus into the mac menu bar, but I understand that this will not be easy to do in the near future. Anyway, keep up the great work!

Felix