[IPython-User] Self-contained Mac app distribution for IPython Notebook

Raju Joseph raju.s.joseph@gmail....
Tue Mar 12 12:52:52 CDT 2013

Sounds very interesting.
But i keep getting the following error "server failed to start up"
Is there anything i need to set up before running?

I am on OSX 10.8.2

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Felix Patzelt <felix@neuro.uni-bremen.de>wrote:

> Looks great. I Just tried it briefly, but it seems to be exactly what is
> needed for novice users or everybody who doesn't want to mess with
> macports. That being said, I think the most problematic omission in the
> current state of the app is some easy way to let people install additional
> packages. Another thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem a way to use
> multiple windows or tabs. For me, this is a serious drawback in comparison
> to using a regular browser. It would be very cool if you could manage to
> move ipythons menus into the mac menu bar, but I understand that this will
> not be easy to do in the near future. Anyway, keep up the great work!
>
> Felix
>
> Am 11.03.2013 um 20:36 schrieb Marc Liyanage <marc@entropy.ch>:
>

> > I'm working on a new self-contained Mac app that runs the IPython
> notebook server and connects a WebKit view to it on launch, for a
> double-clickable experience. It embeds a virtualenv with some popular
> extension modules.
> >
> > It would be nice to get this ready for PyCon at the end of this week, so
> I'm looking for some testing and feedback. There's a binary linked to from
> this page:
> >
> >    https://github.com/liyanage/ipython-notebook#readme
> >
> > It requires OS X 10.8.

--raju