[IPython-User] Self-contained Mac app distribution for IPython Notebook

epi massimodisasha@gmail....
Tue Mar 12 18:24:21 CDT 2013

Marc,

testing the app bundle, i got errors truing to run system commands :

In [23]:

cd
/Users/epi/Library/Containers/ch.entropy.ipython-notebook/Data
In [22]:

pwd
Out[22]:
u'/Users/epi/Library/Containers/ch.entropy.ipython-notebook/Data'
In [21]:

!ls
ExceptionPexpect                          Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-21-b9614390ce83> in <module>()
----> 1 get_ipython().system(u'ls')

/Users/epi/Desktop/IPython Notebook.app/Contents/Resources/virtualenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py in system_piped(self, cmd)
   2185         # a non-None value would trigger :func:`sys.displayhook` calls.
   2186         # Instead, we store the exit_code in user_ns.
-> 2187         self.user_ns['_exit_code'] = system(self.var_expand(cmd, depth=1))
   2188
   2189     def system_raw(self, cmd):

/Users/epi/Desktop/IPython Notebook.app/Contents/Resources/virtualenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/utils/_process_posix.py in system(self, cmd)
    151             #child = pexpect.spawn(pcmd, searchwindowsize=1)
    152             if hasattr(pexpect, 'spawnb'):
--> 153                 child = pexpect.spawnb(self.sh, args=['-c', cmd]) # Pexpect-U
    154             else:
    155                 child = pexpect.spawn(self.sh, args=['-c', cmd])  # Vanilla Pexpect

/Users/epi/Desktop/IPython Notebook.app/Contents/Resources/virtualenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/external/pexpect/_pexpect.py in __init__(self, command, args, timeout, maxread, searchwindowsize, logfile, cwd, env)
    454             self.name = '<pexpect factory incomplete>'
    455         else:
--> 456             self._spawn (command, args)
    457
    458     def __del__(self):

/Users/epi/Desktop/IPython Notebook.app/Contents/Resources/virtualenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/external/pexpect/_pexpect.py in _spawn(self, command, args)
    554                 self.pid, self.child_fd = pty.fork()
    555             except OSError, e:
--> 556                 raise ExceptionPexpect('Error! pty.fork() failed: ' + str(e))
    557         else: # Use internal __fork_pty
    558             self.pid, self.child_fd = self.__fork_pty()

ExceptionPexpect: Error! pty.fork() failed: out of pty devices

PS, i'm tring to build the bundle using Xcode but i got some errors  (missed sparkle framework and code signature error)
i'd love to have it compiled here locally and spend some time on it (i like that project and will make mac users happy)
can i ask you support to fix the build, perhaps off list ?