[IPython-User] %run not deep-reloading ?

K.-Michael Aye kmichael.aye@gmail....
Wed Mar 13 00:29:10 CDT 2013

I am experiencing the effect that an already corrected bug in a module
loaded by my magically-%run script is not being recognized.

Is this to be expected? As the dreload command is mentioned in the same
paragraph explaining the %run magic command in the IPython tutorial
http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/interactive/tutorial.html I was
under the expression that %run is somehow executing deep reloads?

In case it matters, these are the packages in the imported module that
was changed but not recognized (imported by the script, I'm not
importing anything manually in the IPython session):

from __future__ import division
from collections import OrderedDict
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
from scipy import ndimage as nd
from scipy.interpolate import UnivariateSpline as Spline
import divconstants as c
from plot_utils import ProgressBar

and these are the ones in the %run script:

import pandas as pd
import file_utils as fu
import calib
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import warnings
import os

My version and enironment is this:

(develop+)[maye@lunatic ~/Dropbox/src/diviner]$ ipython
Enthought Python Distribution -- www.enthought.com

Python 2.7.3 |EPD 7.3-2 (64-bit)| (default, Apr 12 2012, 11:14:05)

?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.

Thanks for reading,
Michael