[IPython-User] Does ipython dev 1.0 support input()?

Paul Ivanov pi@berkeley....
Thu Mar 14 07:12:28 CDT 2013

Hi Dennis,

Thomas Kluyver, on 2013-03-14 12:02,  wrote:
> On 14 March 2013 11:58, Dennis Daniels <dennisgdaniels@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > With this code in ipython notebook I get a lambda error(see below)
> >
> > quest = input("What is your quest?")
> >

> No, there's no support for input() in the notebook yet. It's on the
> roadmap, but it's not trivial.

as Thomas said, we don't have an implementation of this, but it
will likely land before the 1.0 release mid-July, at least in
some basic form.

  (M,2) raw_input (Fernando)
  The notebook needs a basic implementation of a handler for
  raw_input messages.

That's a quote from the roadmap Thomas mentioned:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/Roadmap:-IPython

best,
--
Paul Ivanov