[IPython-User] mathjax not working in ipython notebook

Buguen bernard.uguen@univ-rennes1...
Sun Mar 17 07:41:14 CDT 2013

Hi,

I have the same problem with mathjax I can't fix.
I can't succeed to have mathjax working in the notebook

I am working with the master branch of ipython 1.0-dev
I have recently upgraded to ubuntu 12.04
I have upgraded pyzmq and tornado.

# The url for MathJax.js.
c.NotebookApp.mathjax_url = '/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js'
#c.NotebookApp.mathjax_url = 'http://cdn.mathjax.org'   # not working
#c.NotebookApp.mathjax_url =
'https://c328740.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js'

c.NotebookApp.enable_mathjax = True

# Extra paths to search for serving static files.
#
# This allows adding javascript/css to be available from the notebook server
# machine, or overriding individual files in the IPython
c.NotebookApp.extra_static_paths = ['/usr/share',default_folder]

I have also applied the patch in notebookapp.py

But still i can't manage to have Mathjax working.

I am stucked and I would appreciate suggestion on what's happening.

Bernard