[IPython-User] evolution of sharing IPYNB?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Mar 17 12:53:33 CDT 2013

On 17 March 2013 17:40, Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>wrote:

> So IMHO, including it "as is" is not good. We could also do it 100% in js
> with github.js.

OK, so it sounds like we're broadly agreed that we want to include it after
it's been refactored to use the gist API directly, and it can handle cases
where you don't own the gist. This is probably a decent standalone project
that someone could do in a few days.

I'm not worried about giving gist privileged status - at present, I don't
know of any other service that does quite the same thing. There's nothing
to stop people building extensions to integrate with other sites, and if
they get enough popularity, we'd consider including them in IPython.

Thomas