[IPython-User] evolution of sharing IPYNB?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Sun Mar 17 12:57:52 CDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 March 2013 17:40, Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> So IMHO, including it "as is" is not good. We could also do it 100% in js
>> with github.js.
>>

> OK, so it sounds like we're broadly agreed that we want to include it
> after it's been refactored to use the gist API directly, and it can handle
> cases where you don't own the gist. This is probably a decent standalone
> project that someone could do in a few days.
>
> I'm not worried about giving gist privileged status - at present, I don't
> know of any other service that does quite the same thing. There's nothing
> to stop people building extensions to integrate with other sites, and if
> they get enough popularity, we'd consider including them in IPython.

Also to argue against myself:

I think we should be putting more and more of these things in extensions,
and less and less in IPython itself.

I will probably rewrite it as a 'jsplugin' once we actually come up with
that API,
but I would honestly vote against including a gist share button integrated
into IPython by default.