[IPython-User] evolution of sharing IPYNB?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Mar 17 13:21:24 CDT 2013

On 17 March 2013 17:57, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we should be putting more and more of these things in extensions,
> and less and less in IPython itself.
>
> I will probably rewrite it as a 'jsplugin' once we actually come up with
> that API,
> but I would honestly vote against including a gist share button integrated
> into IPython by default.

I agree that we should channel people's enthusiasm into building an
ecosystem of extensions, rather than trying to add hundreds of features to
a single codebase. But I think this specific feature will be useful to so
many of our users that it's worth having it as part of the default
experience.

Thomas