[IPython-User] evolution of sharing IPYNB?

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Sun Mar 17 23:54:24 CDT 2013

A few thoughts:

* Even thought I really want to encourage sharing through gists, it
probably don't make sense to have this as an extension.  Probably even
as an official ipython repo.
* I like the idea of trying to use github.js to do this purely in the browser

Cheers,

Brian

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 March 2013 17:57, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think we should be putting more and more of these things in extensions,
>> and less and less in IPython itself.
>>
>> I will probably rewrite it as a 'jsplugin' once we actually come up with
>> that API,
>> but I would honestly vote against including a gist share button integrated
>> into IPython by default.
>

> I agree that we should channel people's enthusiasm into building an
> ecosystem of extensions, rather than trying to add hundreds of features to a
> single codebase. But I think this specific feature will be useful to so many
> of our users that it's worth having it as part of the default experience.
>
> Thomas

Brian E. Granger