[IPython-User] If your gists disappear...

Signell, Richard rsignell@usgs....
Tue Mar 19 12:07:34 CDT 2013

IPython GIST users,

I've been sharing IPython notebook examples via Nbviewer a lot, but
yesterday all morning long, when I tried to access any of my gists, I
got:

"Whoops. We seem to have missed the gist of that gist you were looking for."

I e-mailed "github support" <support@github.com>, who replied back in
less than 1/2 hour:

"Sorry for the trouble. We've recently introduced some new measures to
fight spam and your account was incorrectly flagged as spammy. I've
cleared the flag, and your Gists should be available now."

And, yes, my gists came back.

Just in case anyone else gets hit with this problem...

-Rich

--
Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229
USGS, 384 Woods Hole Rd.