[IPython-User] named anchors, predictable URLs for a table-of-contents %toc magic

Paul Ivanov pi@berkeley....
Fri Mar 22 20:35:03 CDT 2013

Hi Catherine,

Catherine Devlin, on 2013-03-22 20:18,  wrote:
> I guess a second question would be - to make links to other notebooks in
> the directory - I could search through the .ipynb files in the directory to
> make links, but if I find headers in MyNiftyNotebook.ipynb and make links
> like <a href="MyNiftyNotebook#AboutBacon">, they'll 404 because the pages
> actually have URLs like "
> http://127.0.0.1:8888/9375859a-4f33-473c-a078-8e77ce51856f".  How can I
> make a link to a notebook?

You currently can't, but I also want this feature, and so does
Greg Wilson, and probably many others, so I opened an issue about
it earlier today: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/3056

TOC, too, is an open issue: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1692

> If anybody wants to grab this and run with it, feel free to seize the
> glory.  I'm happy to use it as a simple user if someone else wants to write
> the code.

best,
--
Paul Ivanov