[IPython-User] Hello

christian jeanguillaume christian.jeanguillaume@univ-angers...
Fri Mar 29 11:36:56 CDT 2013

Hello everybody at ipython-user.
I am a newbie I have just finished the
installation of ipython notebook
(on Fedora 18 in an elitebook 8570w from hp)
so sorry me I will certainly ask stupid question.
Although I have been using Mathematica notebook
for more than 20 years, I think I will enjoy more
working with IPython notebook.

To begin, how can I browse or sort the archive
mail of ipython to reduce it to the notebook use
for example.

Then It is a great idea to split between code and
markdown cell.
But it seem that the markdown is reduced to title
with any number of # and that's all.
I was unable to visualise an image with
![]('url of the image')
Does somebody have realised that?

I installed mathjax, to be run in local as
indicated, but the latex visualisation seems to
ignore the greek letters (either local or connected).
Can somebody help me, what is missing in my
installation?

But still a great thank to the developpers who
have created ipython and ipython notebook it is super!

Best regards

--
Christian JEANGUILLAUME

Service de medecine nucleaire