[IPython-User] A few magic commands useful for object inspection

Paul Ivanov pi@berkeley....
Fri Mar 29 13:07:50 CDT 2013

Hi Carl,

Carl Smith, on 2013-03-29 17:12,  wrote:
> I wanted to use it on Android and IPython doesn't run there
> yet.

Really? Is this because the Python available on there is not a
proper implementation of Python? The good old IPython we all know
and love is a pure python program that should run without fuss.
The shiny new things like web notebook, qtconsole, etc do require
a couple of non-python dependencies (like libzmq) - but you
should be able to get the equivalent of just `ipython` in *any*
system that has python (and that includes Jython, PyPy,
IronPython, etc).

In particular, if you find this is *not* the case, please file a
bug so we can track it down (in particular if it's a bug in
IPython or in the underlying Python implementation)

http://ipython.org/faq.html#can-ipython-run-under-ironpython-pypy-jython-other-python-interpreters

best,
--
Paul Ivanov