[IPython-User] printing nbconverted html doc loses color

Damián Avila damianavila@gmail....
Tue Oct 1 22:33:08 CDT 2013

Hi,
Probably the missing coloring is because the
`u'@mediaprint{*{text-shadow:none !important;color:#000
!important'...` in
the ipython.css.min which nbconvert load to get the final static html
file...

You can use a little hack like this (with some adjustments)
https://gist.github.com/damianavila/6211211 to make this work...
Try it and let me know if you need some help.

Cheers.

2013/10/1 G B <g.c.b.at.work@gmail.com>

> I'm not sure this is an IPython problem, but it happens across browsers so
> I figured I'd ask here:
>
> I have an notebook document that I've run through nbconvert into html.  I
> have a custom.css in the directory.  The text is colorized due to the css
> and due to the standard syntax coloring within notebook.  It looks great in
> the browser!
>
> Then I try to print, and both Safari and Firefox take all of the color out
> of the text.  Images retain their color, but both my css changes and the
> syntax highlighting are removed.  Bold and other font face changes are
> retained.  This happens when sending to a color printer and when printing
> to PDF through the standard OS X mechanism.
>
> Am I doing something wrong here?
>
> Thanks!

Damián Avila
Scientific Python Developer
Quantitative Finance Analyst
Statistics, Biostatistics and Econometrics Consultant
Biochemist