[IPython-User] Command line input can get into weird state

Patrick Krecker pkrecker@gmail....
Thu Oct 10 17:28:10 CDT 2013

Hey guys -- On occasion I am somehow able to get iPython into a strange
state for command input. I suspect it has something to do with readline,
but I'm not sure. I am unable to figure out what combination of keys I
press to get into this mode, but after it's in this mode, pressing Ctrl+{A,
K, E} enters the sequence ^{A, K, E}, respectively. My guess is that there
is something I don't understand about Vim/Emacs mode in readline, but after
spending some time researching I can't figure it out. Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks!
Patrick