[IPython-User] Document ipython embedding in Qt

Antony Lee antony.lee@berkeley....
Mon Sep 2 13:01:53 CDT 2013

Hi,
I just spent a few hours trying to figure out how to embed IPython1.0 in a
Qt application (for 0.13, I just used
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11513132/embedding-ipython-qt-console-in-a-pyqt-application)
before realizing that examples/inprocess/embedded_qtconsole.py exactly
provided what I wanted.  As far as I can tell this is not documented
anywhere in the official docs (or did I miss that?).  Also, I had to figure
out how to load a profile configuration (create an IPythonQtConsoleApp
instance, set the config_file_{path,files} attributes properly and call
load_config_file, then use e.g. init_colors?) by browsing the source.
Given that the main example is already there, what about improving it with
configuration loading, and adding a link to it in the official docs?  (I
would be happy to do so.)
Best,
Antony