[IPython-User] Document ipython embedding in Qt

Antony Lee antony.lee@berkeley....
Tue Sep 3 14:22:01 CDT 2013

While I could provide a brand-new configuration for my own embedding
use-case, it does seem to be an overkill, as the user should just be able
to re-use most of his "default" configuration instead (e.g., the app
doesn't care what the user prefers for his font size, or what kind of
autoreload he wants).  (All this is quite theoretical as I'm also the only
user for now but well...  in practice I just didn't want to duplicate my
own ~/.ipython/profile_default/ipython_qtconsole_config.py :-))  Anyways, I
will try to write some docs on that.

Also, I just realized that in-process kernels may not be the best choice
for my use-case (still unclear to me though...).  Is there any way I could
replicate the functionality of
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11513132/embedding-ipython-qt-console-in-a-pyqt-applicationin
IPython 1.0?  I have figured out how to start a kernel in a separate
process, but I don't know how to push my objects (in the app process) to
the kernel namespace (all I have in the app process is a Popen object to
the kernel process).

Thanks again,

Antony