[IPython-User] Creating Basemap Instance Fails in IPython; Works in Python

Nitin Borwankar nborwankar@gmail....
Tue Sep 3 22:26:49 CDT 2013

Hi Patrick,

Apologies if you've already checked this but since you didn't say I'll
venture a guess.

If you're getting different behavior in IPython vs Python first thing to
check would be if the Python version inside IPython is the same as the
plain Python.  You can check this by looking at the first few lines that
IPython spits out on startup.

If they are the same then chances are the problem has to do with the
IPython specific parts, if they are different there is a PATH issue and
possibly a PYTHONPATH issue - you are basically running two different
Pythons in the two cases.

Would help to debug further if you reported back to the list what you see.

Nitin

Nitin Borwankar
nborwankar@gmail.com