[IPython-User] Fortran cell magic

Martín Gaitán gaitan@phasety....
Mon Sep 9 09:16:53 CDT 2013

Hi everybody,

This is my first message to the list and I want to begin by thanking every
collaborator for the amazing tool that IPython is.

I've just finish a (sci)python training course I gave to my company's
interns and some researchers from the university based on IPython
Notebook (following
the emphatic advice of Damián Ávila) and the experience was very
successful. Btw, the lecture material (in spanish) is available under a CC
license here:

https://github.com/mgaitan/python-ingenieria

My first contribution to IPython is an alpha/hackish cell magic, inspired a
bit in the cython one, to embed fortran code directly in the notebook,
compile it via f2py and automatically import every symbol to the
interactive namespace.

https://github.com/mgaitan/fortran_magic

feedback and PRs more than welcome

Cheers.