[IPython-User] Strip output from IPython notebook.

Michael McNeil Forbes michael.forbes+ipython@gmail....
Wed Sep 11 02:17:41 CDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

Over the years there have been lots of discussions about stripping output from IPython notebooks for the purpose of version control.  It is really not clear to me that there is a definitive way to do this, so I asked this as a question on stackoverflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18734739/using-ipython-notebooks-under-version-control

I think that the trail of issues/PRs lead to PR 4175: "nbconvert: Jinjaless exporter base", but it is not completely clear to me.  Could someone in the know please chime in and either provide a definitive answer, or indicate which issue/PR one should wait on before looking for the final solution?

Thanks,
Michael.