[IPython-User] IPython Notebook fails to run a line of code the runs fine in IPython

Jose Guzman sjm.guzman@gmail....
Sat Sep 14 01:11:32 CDT 2013

Hi Jeff,

Update NEURON or  edit the code line as suggested in the url bellow. It
has nothing to do with IPython. See
here:

https://www.neuron.yale.edu/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2691

Best

Jose

PS: Happy to see that somebody is using NEURON with the notebook too. :)

On 14/09/13 07:53, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 13 September 2013 21:41, coderforlife <jeff@coderforlife.com
> <mailto:jeff@coderforlife.com>> wrote:
>
>          Assertion failed: file nrnpython.cpp, line 45
>          NEURON: PyRun_SimpleString("import sys") == 0
>           near line 0
>           objref hoc_obj_[2]
>                             ^
>          NEURON exiting abnormally, press return to quit
>

> Does that line exist in a file somewhere that it could be trying to
> import as sys instead of the real sys module? I didn't think there was
> any way to override the sys module, but maybe running from C code is
> different.
>
> Thomas

Jose Guzman
http://www.ist.ac.at/~jguzman/