[IPython-User] IPython Notebook fails to run a line of code the runs fine in IPython

coderforlife jeff@coderforlife....
Sun Sep 15 15:16:33 CDT 2013

Thanks! I hadn't found that while searching. I commented out and re-compiled.
However it only got me one step closer.

from neuron import h still works in Python and IPython, however in IPython
notebook I now get the following:

ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-3-921b405a1db1> in <module>()
----> 1 from neuron import h # imports the NEURON interpreter

C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\neuron\__init__.py in <module>()
     85 except:
     86   #Python3.1 extending needs to look into the module explicitly
---> 87   import neuron.hoc
     88
     89 import nrn

ImportError: DLL load failed: Invalid access to memory location.

I know this is a NEURON issue, but it still has something to do with
IPython. The kernel/console system in IPython is apparently changing
something with the environment so that things behave differently.

(Note: the reason I am not using the official distribution of NEURON is
since it is built against cygwin you cannot load it in the normal Python at
all - thus no IPython or Notebook).