[IPython-User] IPython Notebook fails to run a line of code the runs fine in IPython

coderforlife jeff@coderforlife....
Sun Sep 15 19:46:27 CDT 2013

With more research I have a bit more information, but it is still a mystery.
In regular IPython if I do "from pylab import *" before "from neuron import
h" then it fails with the same error. So this error is likely due to IPython
Notebook importing * from pylab first. However in regular Python importing *
from all of numpy, scipy, and pylab before "from neuron import h" still
works fine.

So what in the combination of IPython and pylab causes the PYD to file to
load? Apparently this happens with SciPy + sqlite3 as well
(http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2008-May/016942.html).