[IPython-User] stop running cell by conditon

Chao YUE chaoyuejoy@gmail....
Mon Sep 16 16:02:09 CDT 2013

Hi all there,

thanks a lot for you guys all the suggestions. Yes, I have the "Run All
Above" because I am using ipython 1.0
The idea for this question is indeed that I want a cleaner screen when some
exceptions are intended to be
raised

The strange thing is that none of the cases raised by you works for me. It
seems that
any exeption will work when the exception is raised as the LAST exception
of the notebook cells,
but if it's placed in the middle, it doesn't work. The exception itself
will be raised but all the following
cells will be executed as well.

No bother anymore please, not a huge useful user case anyway. But thanks to
all!

cheers,

Chao

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Paul Hobson <pmhobson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Jon Wilson <jsw@fnal.gov> wrote:
>
>>  I often use
>>
>> assert False
>>
>> in a cell when I don't want "Run all cells" to continue past that point.
>> This doesn't give a very informative error message, of course, but it gets
>> the job done.
>> Regards,
>> Jon
>>

> To this end, the latest version of the Notebook has a "Run All Above" item
> in the Cells menu. (Just FYI). There's also "Run All Below".
> -p

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16