[IPython-User] Press Control-Enter twice quickly produce duplicate outputs

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Sep 17 11:35:04 CDT 2013

Hi Fujun,

On 17 September 2013 08:58, fjdu <fujun.du@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but when I run a cell in place with
> "Control-Enter" to make a plot, and if I press the key combination very
> quickly twice (namely, press "Control-Enter-Enter"), I will have two copies
> of the same plot shown below the cell.

Thanks, this is a bug, and I can replicate it. I've filed an issue on the
bug tracker: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/4223

It looks like the cell is being cleared when you hit enter, and not when
it's actually ready to execute that cell. So it clears the output ready for
the second execution before the output from the first execution has
arrived, and then both sets of output are preserved.

Thomas