[IPython-User] fortran magic updated + question

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Sep 19 14:21:16 CDT 2013

On 19 September 2013 11:56, Martín Gaitán <gaitan@phasety.com> wrote:

> I would like that users could set the default options for %%fortran
> (persistently) , so arguments passed in the cell would overwrite them.
> Which would be the correct way to do this?

I would make the object configurable and store default values on the
FortranMagics instance. See e.g. IPython.extensions.storemagic for one
Magics subclass that does this.

You could also have something like a %fortran_defaults magic which accepts
the same options as %%fortran and stores them on the object.

Thomas