[IPython-User] windows installer problem

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Mon Sep 23 13:48:41 CDT 2013

Thanks for the tip on this webpage:
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
That guy is my hero and he has a one stop shop for python windows exe's.
It is almost like have a package manager for windows.

For the sake of completeness here is what I had to do:
- install setuptools, python-dateutil, pyparsing, and pyreadline
- right-click on the ipython installer and run it as administrator
- delete the ~/.ipython folder to get rid of EPD profile that tries to load
kernmagic

I now have a working IPython in windows where I have full control of the
packages.  I am as happy as a windows user can be.

Thanks,

Ryan