[IPython-User] temporary enable figure plotting from terminal console?

Petro x.piter@gmail....
Thu Sep 19 04:31:25 CDT 2013

Hi list,

I usually work in ipython notebook with inline images, but sometimes, I
connect to existing ipython kernel via terminal. Mainly, I use it for
checking variables and for commands with a lot of printing output. But I
also want to use matplotlib from terminal. Is it possible to enable
matplotlib figures temporary from from terminal? Often, I need to check
about a hundred of plots visually, and it is not convenient to plot the
all inside of a notebook window. I would prefer to draw them in external
figure using for cycle with pause.

Any hints?
Thank you,
Petro.