[IPython-User] [numfocus] Microsoft donates $100, 000 to IPython via NumFOCUS

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas@pettiaux...
Thu Sep 26 23:48:17 CDT 2013

Congratulation to all. This is a very very good news.

I would like to know and understand which are the main reasons that have
driven such a support by Microsoft, not a company that I would have
qualified as a free software lover and suppoter ;-)

Being recognized at the same time by the Free Software Foundation (ok, they
rewarded the man, Fernando Perez who created and drives the free software
project and code) and by Microsoft, is quite an achievement !

Best regards from Belgium,

Nicolas

Nicolas Pettiaux - +32 496 24 55 01 - http://rmll.info - http://lepacte.be
EuroSciPy 2013 co-chair http://www.euroscipy.org/