[IPython-User] Command line input can get into weird state

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Feb 1 16:33:09 CST 2014

Hi Paul,

sorry for the long delay...

Yes, it's indeed something related to readline, and it's almost impossible
to know what may have  caused it.

But you can typically recover from this by typing

!reset

in a new line. Normally that resets the terminal state enough for readline
to stop misbehaving (though I'm not !00% sure it fixes all such problems,
readline is a weird beast).

Cheers