[IPython-User] svg images are not properly displayed within IPython Notebook

empy emilia.petrisor@gmail....
Tue Feb 4 13:37:31 CST 2014

Hi everyone,

I don't know very much about svg files. Today I experimented the Ipython
[extension](https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/Extensions-Index)
defined by J R. Johansson
that allows to call Asymptote within an Ipython Notebook and to display
generated figures as svg images.

[Here](https://googledrive.com/host/0B196u164NpedWFEtc2Q3Yl9Nb00) are the
results of my experiments.

The Asymptote code is compiled witth an option that calls
[dvisvgm](http://dvisvgm.sourceforge.net/) to convert the generated dvi file
a svg one. My question is why one of the svg images is well displayed within
IPython notebook, while the second has a so poor quality?
I worked on a system with  Ubuntu 12.04.

Thank you!

Em