[IPython-User] svg images are not properly displayed within IPython Notebook

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Feb 4 17:26:58 CST 2014

On 4 February 2014 11:37, empy <emilia.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Here](https://googledrive.com/host/0B196u164NpedWFEtc2Q3Yl9Nb00) are the
> results of my experiments.
>
> The Asymptote code is compiled witth an option that calls
> [dvisvgm](http://dvisvgm.sourceforge.net/) to convert the generated dvi
> file
> a svg one. My question is why one of the svg images is well displayed
> within
> IPython notebook, while the second has a so poor quality?
> I worked on a system with  Ubuntu 12.04.

I'm not completely sure what your question is, and I think it might be
better to ask on an Asymptote mailing list.

The image I think you're having a problem with is svginipynb.jpg, which is
a JPEG image, not an SVG. JPEG images are just pixels - you will see
exactly the same image if you open that file in any image viewer. So the
problem is in the code that's making it, not how IPython displays it.

Thomas